Flocabulary – Five Things (Elements of a Short Story)
People often ask me about the parts of a story that I think are important when establishing your brand story. I tell them: the same parts of a story that are important when telling any story!
- Plot. What is the the driving force behind your brand story?
- Character. Who you are, who your customers are, who your employees are, who is in your industry, the people of the community where you live and work?
- Conflict. What is the point in your story where the inciting moment occurs? What happens? What happens next?
- Theme. What is the main idea behind your mission?
- Setting. Where do you do what you do?
Think about the story you’re telling. Can you identify these elements and use them to make your brand story more compelling and more memorable?
What do you think?