Long Island Businesses “Get Social” Networking for Fun and Profit
LISTnet sponsors panel of marketing and publishing experts to offer top tips for leveraging social networking in business marketing on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 5:30 p.m.
Melville, NY (PRWEB) November 3 2008 — Long Island-based businesses want to learn more about leveraging social networking in their marketing efforts. How can businesses incorporate blogging, microblogging and sharing tools and sites like WordPress, twitter, Facebook and more into their marketing activities? To help area businesses better assess, select and integrate social networking tools in their marketing efforts, LISTnet, the Long Island Software & Technology Network, will host a primer on social marketing and Web 2.0 for business owners, sales, marketing and information technology teams. Top Tips for Leveraging Social Networking in Business Marketing is sponsored by the Farmingdale Small Business Development Center and will be held Thursday, November 13, at 5:30 p.m. on the Farmingdale College campus. The presentation panel comprises area experts from Mitra Creative, Communication Strategy Group (http://www.GoCSG.com), CIOZone and the Long Island Association who will provide insight, guidance and real-world experience to attendees. Seating is limited, so attendees are encouraged to register at http://www.listnet.org/eventDetails.cfm?eventid=1186.
“We hear from marketers and business owners with increasing frequency how they are looking for ways to integrate social marketing tools into their current marketing mix,” said Jim Garvey, co-chair of the LISTnet eBusiness Special Interest Group (SIG).
“Social networking is a very useful tool, especially in today’s market. LISTnet is excited to bring together this talented and experienced group to speak to area businesses about the impact social networking can have for their businesses,” said Peter Goldsmith, LISTnet president.
1. Introduction to Social Marketing and Web 2.0
• Panel introductions Jim Garvey and John DeMartino, LISTnet SIG co-chairs
• A Guide Book to Social Marketing and Web 2.0; Karl Ufert, Principal, Mitra Creative
• Brandtelling: Engage your Audience with a Story; Arthur Germain, Principal, Communication Strategy Group
2. Real-World Case Studies
• Utilizing a Private Micro-community for Education, Idea Exchange, Tips, Techniques, and Brainstorming: “CIOZone™: the First and Only ProSocialTM Network for CIOs”; John McCormick, Chief Content Officer, CIOZone
• Starting the Conversation at the Long Island Association (LIA): Claire’s Blog; Claire Fratello, Assistant, Government Affairs, Long Island Association
LISTnet (the Long Island Software & Technology Network) promotes Long Island as one of the national centers of excellence for software and technology solutions. This is achieved by facilitating collaborations between companies, establishing forums and events for the exchange of information, improving the quantity of the labor force and partnering with companies that provide the high technology centers necessary for the growth of L.I. software and technology companies. More information at http://www.LISTnet.org.