Long Island-Based Brand Storytelling Agency Offers Guidance and a Brand Marketing Self-Assessment Tool
One month into the New Year and many marketers are already struggling to identify the best places to focus their budgets when it comes to strengthening and promoting their brand stories. The challenge they face is that there are so many things to focus on – promotions, sponsorships, publicity, advertising – they often feel overwhelmed. “No matter the size of the business, its revenue or industry, every business can benefit from focusing its brand marketing efforts. That focus begins with an honest assessment of your brand marketing activities,” says Arthur Germain, Principal and Chief Brandteller for Communication Strategy Group, a Long Island-based brand storytelling agency. To help marketers focus their efforts on activities that will offer the most impact for their budgets, the agency has launched a complimentary Brandtelling® Marketing Assessment tool offering a self-assessment quiz that returns a brief report with guidance and peer benchmarks as well as links to additional complimentary resources. The Brandtelling Marketing Assessment tool is available at http://bit.ly/csgba.
“It’s important to understand how your customers, prospects, employees and partners perceive your brand story. To better understand your marketing needs and where your organization stands today, Communication Strategy Group uses a Brandtelling Marketing Workshop when working with its own clients,” says Germain. “After discussions with many business marketers, we distilled the marketing questions we use into a self-assessment that yields a brief report. Reading your own responses in black and white can be an eye-opening experience. Marketers can quickly see where they possess strengths and where they need more work. We recommend focusing on your strengths when marketing, and slowly building up weaker areas.”
For example, according to Germain, smaller marketers often have a strong program of event sponsorship and networking in place, but they lack content and consistent communications, such as public relations. He recommends looking for ways to continue event sponsorship and combine those efforts with more frequent and cost-effective communications, including public relations, social media and email campaigns.
The Brandtelling® Marketing Assessment
Communication Strategy Group breaks its assessment into four key areas underlined by the company’s philosophy of brand storytelling – or “Brandtelling”:
- Brandtelling & Visuals – An assessment of the client’s ability to share its brand story, including the way it looks. Brandtelling is all about strength, passion and differentiation.
- Public Relations – Next, Communication Strategy Group examines clients’ ability to share their brand stories consciously and consistently – with purpose, not just for the sake of making an announcement.
- Content Marketing – Creating the right content helps the client share its brand story in a way that educates and informs both customers and prospects. Many businesses have sell sheets when what they really need is to tell a compelling story that can be remembered and repeated.
- Media & Presentations – The last step is to pull everything together. For example, clients need to be able to effectively share their stories through dynamic presentations and when speaking with the media.
“At Communication Strategy Group, we are passionate about the idea of brand storytelling to promote business growth,” says Germain. “Our self-assessment tool provides a solid starting point to help marketers begin their brand storytelling journeys.”
Want to Learn More?
- To use the Communication Strategy Group Brandtelling Marketing Assessment tool, click here: http://bit.ly/csgba.
- Download “Cheat Sheets” for creating stronger news releases and case studies here: http://bit.ly/csg-res.
About Communication Strategy Group
Communication Strategy Group, an award-winning brand storytelling agency, helps clients develop brand stories that are remembered, repeated and rewarded through a strategic Brandtelling® approach. The agency has been named Best Corporate Storytelling Firm (USA) and Most Innovative in Content Marketing (New York) by Corporate Vision (CV) magazine and received an Innovation & Excellence Award from Corporate LiveWire. We focus on building and supporting a strategic plan for client communications to create strong, consistent messages and presentations that have the greatest impact. The Communication Strategy Group team is comprised of senior-level communications professionals who work directly on client accounts to achieve results. Our clients include both Fortune 1000 and growing companies in technology, manufacturing, media and professional services industries. For more information, please call 1-866-997-2424 or visit us at www.communicationstrategygroup.com
Communication Strategy Group