Principal & Chief Brandteller – Arthur Germain founded Communication Strategy Group, a brand storytelling agency in 2005. His idea was to create a small, intimate agency that combined boutique firm responsiveness and brand storytelling expertise. He leads a team of senior level talent to deliver measurable results including building market recognition, promoting brand story awareness and contributing to increased sales. Under Arthur’s leadership, the agency provides technology, manufacturing and professional services companies a unique way to connect with prospects, customers and others through the power of story.
When I introduce myself as Principal & Chief Brandteller for Communication Strategy Group, A Brand Storytelling Agency, it often elicits a number of questions:
- Why “Principal” instead of “President” or “CEO”?
- What the heck is a Brandteller?
- What is a “brand storytelling agency” and why should I care?
My answers, in order:
- We are proud of being a small agency and principal sounds like I have a vested interest in my clients’ businesses – which is absolutely true.
- A Brandteller is what we call the people on our team who help companies explore and uncover their brand stories to use for sharing and connecting with prospects, customers and other stakeholders.
- We use the idea of brand storytelling (what we call Brandtelling) to highlight how we help companies share the value they provide their customers.
I help technology, manufacturing, professional services and media firms develop and deliver brand stories that can be remembered, repeated and rewarded. I leverage my corporate communications, public relations agency, and business and technology editorial experience to help clients feel confident as they sharpen their brand stories.
I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications Media from the State University of New York, College at Fredonia. (I think a BS in Communications is a perfect degree…)
I am a quotron for marketing ideas. Just ask Mark or Michael who often humor me as I contact them (at any time of day) with a new idea.